- Deliveroo has today unveiled Home Sweet Home, an edible house made from Britain's favourite dishes
- The house celebrates a 38% nationwide surge in orders of comforting British dishes
- Customers flocked to enter an online ballot for the chance to "live" in the house
- Manchester revealed as the city that most loves British culinary classics
Manchester - Deliveroo has unveiled an entirely edible house made from some of the most popular foods being ordered across the country. The house features a curry fireplace, Yorkshire pudding garden, fish and chips door, beans on toast roof tiles and even roast chicken weather vane.
The house located in Manchester's Media City features include a curry fireplace, Yorkshire pudding garden, fish and chips door, beans on toast roof tiles and even a roast chicken weather vane!
Deliveroo's delve into ordering data uncovered that Manchunians order more traditional British dishes than anywhere else in GB. Manchester is also projected to be the first city to see classic British dishes overtake all other takeaway choices as the number one choice before Christmas.
Top 10 cities for ordering British classics:
- Royal Tunbridge Wells
In the lead up to the holidays, the British food renaissance is being felt nationwide as Deliveroo has observed a 38% surge in orders of home-grown favourites across the UK compared with this time last year.
The edible house was made using 960 handmade pies, 1,750 slices of bread, 25 square meters of mash potato and 4 litres of gravy paint and took a team of 6, 25 days to complete.
Hungry Brits entered an online ballot in their thousands in order to book into the 'Home Sweet Home' house to enjoy the ultimate night-in experience. All spaces have now been booked due to such popular demand to try the ultimate immersive British foodie experience.
The lucky chosen fans have been invited to bring three friends to devour local Deliveroo favourites including PizzaExpress, KFC, Headless Chicken, Chilli Banana, Remember to Eat and Proove Pizza – and it's all on the house of course!
Emily Kraftman at Deliveroo said: "Its great to see so many regional classics being embraced by Deliveroo customers. The public appears to have rekindled their love for some comforting home-grown food. Whether you love a Yorkshire Pud, a Cornish Pasty or something entirely different, you can get it all on Deliveroo"
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 50,000 best-loved restaurants, as well as over 50,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world. Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with more than 2,000 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in over 500 cities across 13 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
10 Most popular British Dishes (nationwide):
- Chicken Tikka Masala from Motu
- Charred Flank Steak Fieldtray from Farmer J
- Traditional Fish & Chips from Poppies
- Steak Bake from Greggs
- Pork YorkyPud™ with Roasted Veg from The York Roast Co
- Sausage in Batter from Albany Fish Bar
- Salmon Fillet from Simple Health Kitchen
- Veg Haggis from Illegal Jack's
- Faggots, Peas and Gravy from Leo's Fish Bar
- Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding from The Westbourne