- Deliveroo is now working with 80,000 restaurants across the globe, up 60% since September 2018
- In 2018 Deliveroo worked with a total of 130,000 individual riders across 13 markets
- Deliveroo now has a global workforce headcount of 2,500, with 1,300 based in the UK, where the company is headquartered
- Deliveroo announces new features to improve its offer to riders, restaurants and customers
Deliveroo is today revealing that its rapid global growth continues as the number of riders and restaurants the company works with continues to soar.
Last September the company announced that it was entering its 13th market, in Taiwan. Now, across all markets, the number of restaurants using the company's service is up to 80,000, up 60% since last September. The company can also reveal that across 2018, 130,000 individuals across all its markets did deliveries, showing more and more people are choosing this popular well-paid, flexible work.
Restaurants who partner with Deliveroo see their revenues increase by up to 30% as the company enables them to reach new customers they would otherwise be unable to. In 2018 the company launched Marketplace+, a unique service in the food delivery sector which allows restaurants to fulfil orders using either Deliveroo riders or their own fleet. This extends delivery services, meaning more choice for consumers.
Deliveroo has recently improved its offer to partner restaurants with the launch of Restaurant Home, a new feature which gives restaurants access to unique data analysis they can use improve their performance. The company has also updated its app to give restaurants more control over promotions so customers will see more tailored discount offers.
Deliveroo is improving its offer to riders. Deliveroo has launched its 'Cash Out' feature, which enables riders to opt to receive their fees instantly from the app at the tap of a button, should they wish to. Deliveroo has also teamed up with UK fintech company, Portify, a digital tool that offers users support with filing tax returns online, online support with personal budgeting, and a range of perks and rewards.
And Deliveroo is continuing to improve its offer to consumers. With more restaurant selection, more Editions delivery-only sites and more Virtual Brands customers will have more choice through Deliveroo than ever before. And Deliveroo's tech team will be working to make the consumer experience on the platform more personalised, ensuring people see the restaurants that match their tastes.
Deliveroo's growth and improved offer has seen its global workforce grow to 2,500, with over half based in the UK, marking the company as a major British tech success story.
Commenting, Deliveroo UK MD Dan Warne said:
"Deliveroo's priority for 2019 will be to continue to extend the number and variety of restaurants on its platforms, becoming the definitive food company by offering the best price, selection and service for consumers.
"We will continue to find new and exciting ways to be the partner of choice for restaurants and to ensure we are offering riders the well-paid, flexible work we know they value.
"We are proud to be helping local economies in all our markets, in particular in our fantastic home, the UK."
Deliveroo is available in over 500 cities across the globe in 13 different markets; UK, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, UAE, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Australia.
- Deliveroo riders in the UK can now get paid just minutes after completing an order. The food delivery company has launched 'Cash Out', which allows riders to opt to receive their fees instantly from the app at the tap of a button, should they wish to.
- Riders in the UK currently receive their fees on a weekly basis, however they can now also choose to get these earnings when they want. This new feature reflects the changing world of employment, with more and more people choosing flexible ways of working to fit their lifestyle. And just as riders' work is on-demand, many want to be able to access their earnings on-demand.
- Portify is free for riders via a secure app and is being rolled out to all UK Deliveroo riders in December. This follows a successful pilot over the summer, where 150+ self-employed riders tested Portify's financial tools and rewards. The tailored help and support includes:
- Online budget management tool - The app securely connects with users' bank accounts using Open Banking, so they can see and manage their day-to-day financial activity, such as their expenses and income.
- Digital tax return tool - Using this transaction data, the Portify app helps users digitally submit their self-assessment tax returns to HMRC, helping riders save hundreds of pounds compared to if they used a high street accountant. Riders can also be supported with their tax returns by qualified accountants through Portify at a small additional cost compared to typical high street accountant fees.
- 130+ perks and discounts with popular brands - Deliveroo and Portify are also partnering to offer riders discounts and other perks such as free online learning courses, discounts on bike maintenance, food orders with Deliveroo, and popular high street retailers.