- WHSmith are partnering with Deliveroo in an exclusive trial to bring their customers a new offer of 600 WHSmith products including stationery, home office products and books direct to door in as little as 20 minutes
- The new partnership is being trialled across 10 WHSmith High Street stores in the UK from this week, including Reading, Chiswick, Brighton and Oxford.
WHSmith have partnered with online delivery company Deliveroo in an exclusive trial to bring their customers a new offer of WHSmith products in as little as 20 minutes.
The new partnership launches today in Reading and will be rolled out to a further nine stores across the UK over the next week, covering Richmond, Muswell Hill, Chiswick, Brighton, Cambridge, Oxford, Leeds, St Albans and Guildford.
For the first time, Deliveroo's growing UK customer base will have access to 600 WHSmith products on-demand, including stationery and home office essentials, books, revision guides, gifting and toys and games.
The range includes:
- Stationery and working from home essentials such as WHSmith's ECO notebooks, HP inkjet printer cartridges, Pilot rollerball pens, envelopes and parcel tape
- Children's skills and revision guides including KS2 & KS3 Maths & English Study Guides and GCSE AQA Exam Practice Workbooks
- Digital accessories like Apple AirPods, power adapters and USB charging cables
- Bestselling books such as David Walliams' Gangster Granny Strikes Again!, Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club and Adam Kay's This Is Going to Hurt
- Fun for all the family with an assortment of toys, arts and crafts and games to entertain the whole family
Sean Toal, Managing Director, WHSmith High Street commented: "We're always exploring new ways to delight our customers both in store and online by providing them with an exceptional shopping experience. We're really excited to be partnering with Deliveroo for this trial which will complement our existing offer and enable our customers to receive the products that they want and need from us as fast as possible from their local store direct to their door; whether that's a greetings card, working from home essentials, a last-minute gift or a newly released book!"
Carlo Mocci, Chief Business Officer, UK&I at Deliveroo said: "We are delighted to announce a new partnership with WHSmith in 10 stores across the country. WHSmith is the UK's leading stationery retailer and the top consumer choice for high-quality and popular products for the whole family. This partnership will further increase the choice and selection of on-demand convenience products for our consumers, delivered in as little as 20 minutes, and will create more work for riders across the UK."
The new partnership builds on a period of strong growth and consumer engagement for Deliveroo over the last year as it continues to rapidly expand its on-demand grocery and convenience offering with leading retailers. The company has approaching 6,000 grocery sites live in the UKI across major partners and smaller independent partners, an increase of more than two-thirds compared to the end of 2020.
WHSmith.co.uk already offers next day Click & Collect and home delivery for online orders and this new partnership with Deliveroo allows WHSmith to provide even greater speed to customers that need it in as little as 20 minutes.