- Deliveroo sees surge in demand for 'Signature' service
- Global restaurant partners using the Signature service include Nando's, PizzaExpress and wagamama
- Signature enables restaurants to offer delivery via their own online channels, increasing delivery volumes at this vital time
- This is the latest tool to support restaurants offered by Deliveroo
Deliveroo has today announced a major global expansion of its 'Signature' service for restaurant partners across the UK and international markets.
'Signature' enables customers to order delivery, as well as Pick up (Deliveroo's click and collect service) and Table Service via restaurants' own websites and apps, whilst allowing restaurants to benefit from Deliveroo's expertise in logistics and food delivery. The company has seen a surge in demand for this service, making it a critical area of growth for Deliveroo in 2021 and beyond.
A selection of global restaurant partners are now live with Signature including: Nando's, PizzaExpress, wagamama and Wingstop as well as independents such as Patty & Bun, The Athenian, The Breakfast Club and Fat Hippo. Deliveroo aims to have 50 new restaurant partners signed up to Signature by the end of the month.
Deliveroo has developed two products under the Signature service, each tailored to the needs of restaurant partners: a logistics and customer service solution where Deliveroo completes food delivery orders made through restaurants' own channels, and a full-stack end-to-end solution which also includes website design and support from Deliveroo.
The solutions are designed to give restaurant partners the opportunity to build a direct relationship with their customers, grow their online business and allow restaurant partners to embed Deliveroo's industry-leading logistics and customer service functionality in their online channels.
Deliveroo is the first UK food delivery platform to offer this range of services across the UK, Europe and Asia. With Covid-19 restrictions meaning that restaurants have been unable to operate a dine-in service for much of the past year, restaurants are now, more than ever before, seeking different ways to engage with and attract customers. Signature can support restaurant partners by allowing them to:
- Reach new customers: Restaurant partners will be able to reach new customers and nurture existing relationships through targeted marketing campaigns. Partners will be able to promote their offering on all media channels to drive growth and order volumes directly, in addition to on Deliveroo's own channels
- Deepen Customer engagement: Restaurant partners will be able to engage with their most valued and loyal customers directly
- Improve User Experience: Restaurant partners can leverage Deliveroo's leading technology and logistics to offer an additional channel for their own customers, for example, through a customised front end, built by Deliveroo, that combines all key restaurant branding elements, from photos, to font choice, to brand phrases and slogans
This new product expansion underscores Deliveroo's position as the leading provider of online food delivery services and is the latest offering designed to support restaurant partners reach valued customers and increase revenue during and after the Covid-19 pandemic. Earlier this month, Deliveroo extended its financial support for restaurants, including a £0 joining fee and 0% commission on pick-up orders.
Stephen Goldstein, EVP Restaurants at Deliveroo says: "We are pleased to announce the expansion of Signature across the UK and international markets and build on Deliveroo's position as the leading provider of online food delivery services. Enabling customers to order delivery via restaurants' own channels is a compelling proposition for our partners and deepens our relationships with these partners. This new product expansion is particularly important given the current backdrop facing restaurant partners and is being deployed alongside other support measures for restaurants, particularly small independents that are the lifeblood of the industry."