- Successful candidates will get a year's worth of Deliveroo credit to taste and critique local restaurants on the platform
- Launched to celebrate Deliveroo's new global brand campaign 'Deliveroo Presents: The Year of Great Food'
- To celebrate the launch, from 18th Jan to 28th Feb new customers can use the code WEGETFOOD to get £10 off their first order over £15
LONDON 21st Jan. Do you consider yourself a true foodie fanatic? Can you tell your Five Guys fries from your Shake Shack's? Your Lemon & Herb from your Extra Hot? If the answer's absolutely, then listen up: Deliveroo has today announced it's on the hunt for three food 'Rooviewers', who will be given a year's worth of free credit* to taste test menus in return for foodie feedback.
The search for 'Rooviewers' has been launched in celebration of the food-delivery platform's new national brand campaign "Deliveroo Presents: The Year of Great Food". As Deliveroo is committed to delivering great food to all customers, the new roles are designed to help the on-demand delivery company trial the thousands of options available to order, and help identify hidden gems.
As Deliveroo's new brand campaign seeks to celebrate local restaurants, the best hidden gems identified by the new Rooviewers will have a chance of featuring in future Deliveroo marketing campaigns, alongside others chosen by the company.
For anyone unsure as to whether they have what it takes to take on the role of a 'Rooviewer' and celebrate a year of great food, Deliveroo has outlined a set of requirements. To make sure successful candidates 'get' great food, applicants should:
- Have experience in eating all food types
- Be willing to try different cuisines
- A palette for savoury and sweet, spicy and saucy
- Familiarity with high-street chains as well as a desire to sample local independants
- A sense of culinary adventure
- Ability to translate a great foodie experience into written or visual recommendations/critique
If successful, over the course of the next 12 months, Rooviewers will be given credit to use in return for providing the food delivery service with:
- Written reviews of restaurants and food experiences
- Captured images and video content of them taste testing dishes, to potentially be used on the Deliveroo blog and social channels over the course of a year
Aisha Jefferson at Deliveroo said, "Great food is there to be discovered and we want to help more people find it. We know our customers love food, everything from local favourites to high-street staples, so this is an opportunity for any Deliveroo devotees with a good palette and a taste for great food to trial new, mind-blowing meals. In the past year, we've welcomed over 20,000 new restaurants on the platform, now we need three curious connoisseurs who 'get' food as much as we do, to hero the hidden gems and help us in our year of food discovery."
Whether they fancy a fish supper from a cheap-eats chippie one day, choose to dine-out on a Michelin starred meal the next, there are no limits on what successful candidates can sample during their time as a 'Rooviewer'. As well as investigating their own local area, the select three will be sent dishes from restaurants all over the UK to taste and review across the twelve months.
Between 18th January - 28th February 2021, new-to-Roo customers can save big money on food when they sign up this month. New customers can get £10 off their first delivery with a minimum spend of £15 by using the code WEGETFOOD.
Applications to be a 'Rooviewer' are open from today (21st January) until 4th February, to anyone over the age of 18 in the UK. To apply or for more information, go to https://deliveroo.co.uk/more/become-a-food-rooviewer.
For more information please contact the Deliveroo press team:
Notes to Editors
For full competition terms and conditions see: https://foodscene.deliveroo.co.uk/terms/rooviewers-competition-terms-and-conditions.html
For new customer terms and conditions see: https://deliveroo.co.uk/legal
* (Prize value is £3,120 - based on three one £20 orders per week for 52 weeks)
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 140,000 best-loved restaurants and takeaways, as well as 110,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world. Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with around 2,000 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in nearly 800 towns and cities across 12 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.