DELIVEROO SETTLES THE DEBATE ON WHAT TO CALL THE PORKY BREAKFAST DISH WITH MANY NAMES
- Using data to settle the age-old dispute, Deliveroo has revealed that 'bacon sandwich' is the most popular name for the humble breakfast dish.
- Brits are 543% more likely to search 'bacon sandwich' versus 'bacon bap' on Deliveroo, and 79% more likely to search for 'bacon bap' than 'bacon butty'.
- Data from the food-delivery company also reveals:
- 12pm/midday is when orders of bacon sarnies peak
- Londoners are the the biggest bacon eaters, followed by Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham
- Bacon Burgers top the list of most popular bacon dishes on Deliveroo
- Deliveroo reveals the data to kick off International Bacon Day (4th September)
- Find out the top bacon dishes that Brits are loving right now below
2nd September, UK. Families across the UK all call the humble breakfast dish by different names - from baps, buttys, buns to rolls. Settling the debate once and for all, Deliveroo can reveal that those who call it the 'bacon sandwich' are in the majority.
Deliveroo has revealed this finding to celebrate the best smelling day of the year: International Bacon Day (4th September). The data reveals:
- Brits are 79% more likely to search for 'bacon bap' than 'bacon butty' when searching on the Deliveroo app. However, the most popular search is 'bacon sandwich', with a 543% increase in searches compared to 'bacon bap'.
- Deliveroo found that Londoners are the biggest bacon lovers of all, with Manchester close behind in second place, then Bristol and Birmingham.
- Understandably, bacon burgers are the most popular bacon items on Deliveroo, with the Bacon Cheeseburger from Five Guys coming in at number one
- The classic bacon sandwich holds second place for the most ordered bacon dish.
- Brunch time is bacon time apparently - Deliveroo has found that 12pm on a Saturday is the prime time for Brits to order in a bacon sarnie.
- Most popular bacon 'buttys/rolls' ordered in the last 12 months:
- Ultimate Bacon Roll from Bear+Wolf Cafe
- BACON BUTTY from The Breakfast Club
- Bacon Roll from Thains Bakery
- Bacon Butty from Over Under Coffee
- Egg & Bacon Roll from Coffee Circus
- Most ordered bacon dishes in it in the last 12 months:
- Bacon Cheeseburger from Five Guys
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich from Eggslut
- Crispy Bacon Bagel from Bagelman
- Chicken Caesar & Bacon from Pret A Manger
- BBQ Bacon Tribeca from Nathan's Famous
And from classic bacon sarnies, to toasties with a twist, Deliveroo have also revealed some of their favourite bacon dishes available on the platform to get Brits in the spirit:
Looking for your morning bacon fix? Why not try a bacon toastie with a Parisian twist. Big Fernand's bacon toastie comes with French Alps tomme de savoie cheese and chives.
Who ever said that you can't have pizza for breakfast? Or breakfast for dinner? Flour to The People have an English Breakfast Pizza which includes tomato, mozzarella fior di latte, smoked bacon and egg.
The classic. Does exactly what it says on the tin…Freshly grilled bacon served in delicious freshly sliced bread. You can't go wrong.
One for the sweet tooth bacon lovers. American style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, delicious.
Finally, the list would not be complete without a bacon burger. Byron's Triple Bacon Burger. Three beef patties, American cheese, bacon, ketchup, American mustard and sliced pickles.
Don't worry vegans, you haven't been forgotten about… For those who eat plant-based, Bacon Day seems like one of the days in the year that they might want to avoid, however, Deliveroo provides a range of delicious bacon alternatives so that vegans around the UK can also enjoy the day.
Deliveroo found that the people of Leeds order the most vegan bacon items, with the Vegan Baconator from Slap and Pickle being the most popular vegan item.
Check out below some other favourite plant-based bacon dishes below:
A plant-based burger, with THIS Isn't Bacon, vegan smoked gouda, shoestring fries, plant-based bacon ketchup, chipotle mayo, spinach and pickles with homemade rosemary chips.
Another plant based patty that includes vegan 'cheddar', THIS isn't bacon, lettuce, tomato, caramelised onions, ketchup and smokey vegan 'mayo'.
Looking to build your own bacon butty at home? Rudy's Vegan Butcher provides plant based 'Baycon' made from wheat protein, delivered by Deliveroo in less than 30 mins.
Fresh Penne Pasta with THIS Isn't bacon rashers, onion and spicy tomato sauce.