- Deliveroo Editions site opens in Portslade and Hove - offering delivery-only kitchen space to restaurants, helping them expand
- Restaurant partners expected to increase the delivery side of their business by at least 100% through occupying the Portslade-Hove Edition
- Deliveroo Editions will support local small businesses: Chilli Pickle, VIP Pizza, and Moshimo
Today we are opening our first Deliveroo Editions site outside London, in the suburbs of Brighton. The launch will bring some Brighton's best-loved restaurants to 80,000 new customers in the Portslade and Hove area, making Deliveroo available to many for the first time.
Deliveroo Editions is a revolutionary platform that enables restaurants to reach new customers without needing a high street premises by providing delivery-only kitchens. Motored by technology, Deliveroo uses its data to identify cuisine gaps in the local market and to predict customer demand to establish which restaurants are likely to succeed in each area.
Delivery revenues for partner restaurants in the Brighton Edition are expected to increase by at least 100%, having seen some restaurant partners from trials in London increasing revenues by 500%. This will result in increased business for restaurants, better choice for customers and will amount to even more work to the 400 riders working in the area.
Half of the restaurants at the Brighton Edition are local independent businesses from Brighton. The full list includes:
- Chilli Pickle: award-winning independent curry restaurant, famed for its mutton curries and Kerala fish stews
- Moshimo: locally-loved sushi restaurant offering an authentic mix of classic and hot Japanese dishes
- Very Italian Pizza: Perfect pizzas made using only the best ingredients fresh from the restaurant owners' farm
- Thaikun: the best of the Thai street food scene, this independent restaurant is coming to Brighton for the first time through Deliveroo Editions
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen: handcrafted burgers that are loved across the UK
Commenting on the launch, Rohan Pradhan from Deliveroo said:
"We love the food scene in Brighton, which is why we're really excited to be opening our first Deliveroo Editions site outside of London here.
We used our unique technology to identify the cuisine gaps in Portslade and Hove, and worked with Brighton's favourite restaurants to bring them to new customers outside the city centre. This means that locals in Portslade and Hove can now enjoy food they love, from the comfort of their home. It's great for them, and it's great for our restaurant partners, who we've helped scale to a new area without risk."
Dawn Sperring, Founder of Chilli Pickle said:
"Our partnership with Deliveroo has been a roaring success, so we're really excited to take it to a new level by joining the Brighton Edition. Offering delivery-only kitchen space is a brilliant concept, because it allows independent restaurants like us to access a whole new customer base in a really low risk way. We'll be rubbing shoulders with some fantastic local restaurants, and think this is a great new offer for the people of Hove and Portslade."