- DELIVEROO LAUNCHES BIRTHDAY GAME OF CUPCAKE ROO-LETTE FEATURING EIGHT TAKEAWAY FLAVOURS INCLUDING KATSU CURRY, BACON BUTTY AND CHIPS & GRAVY
In the last 12 months we've all had to celebrate our birthdays at home, on a screen, without all the fun and frolics. So, to celebrate its 8th Birthday in true food-loving style, Deliveroo has created a hybrid food game no one knew they wanted to play - Cakeaway Roo-lette, featuring eight mysteriously flavoured vegan cupcakes that taste like the nation's favourite foods, but from the outside, all look exactly the same.
Inspired by some of Deliveroo's most popular food orders and restaurant partners, the cupcakes look identical thanks to an edible roo-lette chip sitting on top, but each reveal a different flavour resembling some of the nation's favourite foods.
All completely vegan and costing just 80p for all eight, the selection of cakeaways will be available exclusively on Deliveroo this weekend on 6th and 7th March and will give foodies the chance to play Roo-lette and challenge their senses to discover familiar and unfamiliar cuisine flavours, hidden in birthday cupcake form.
Cakeaway flavours include:
- Margherita Pizza
- Smokey Bacon Butty
- Katsu Curry
- Matcha Mochi
- Spicy Burrito
- Chips & Gravy
- Peri Peri
Deliveroo spokesperson Aisha Jefferson, said, "From family gatherings, date nights, lunch served al desko, to delivering last minute birthday snacks and cakes, Deliveroo has been here to deliver the nation's favourite food for eight years and counting. We wanted to share our 8th birthday with everyone by creating a cake feast of our favourite takeaways, giving customers the chance to spin the wheel and try the most weird and wonderful vegan cupcakes anyone has ever tasted!"
Deliveroo commissioned food scientists, The Robin Collective, to exclusively create the eight takeaway flavoured cupcakes which are all completely vegan. To ensure all flavours are distinctive in taste, the method of reverse confit was used to pull through the recognisable top notes associated with each dish.
Brits can help celebrate Deliveroo turning eight by ordering the food game to their door from Deliveroo Editions in London and Manchester for 80p from 12pm on 6th March until 7th March, or until sold out.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
- The cakes were commissioned by Deliveroo and have been developed by food artist duo, The Robin Collective.
- All cakes are vegan. For a full list of ingredients and allergens, please see the labels on the box.
- Each set is priced at 80p, with free delivery and no service charge. Each set contains 8 cupcakes including one of each flavour: Cheeseburger, Margherita Pizza, Smokey Bacon Butty, Katsu Curry, Matcha Mochi, Spicy Burrito, Chips & Gravy and Peri Peri.
- Available from Deliveroo Editions in London (Battersea York Road) and Manchester only.
- Available from 6th March at 12pm until 10pm on 7th March (or until sold out).
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 115,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, as well as 100,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world. Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with around 2,000 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in nearly 800 towns and cities across 12 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.