- Deliveroo is launching its rapid grocery delivery service, 'Deliveroo HOP,' in Bristol in partnership with Morrisons
- The new Deliveroo HOP store on Oxford Street enables rapid grocery delivery of up to 2,000 products via the Deliveroo app
- Tens of thousands of households across the city will be able to benefit from getting groceries delivered to their door in minutes
- Bristol opening is the latest step in Deliveroo HOP's rollout across the UK
26 May 2022: Deliveroo has today announced the launch of its rapid grocery delivery service in Bristol, opening its first 'Deliveroo HOP' store in the city.
The new Deliveroo HOP store on Oxford Street will give residents rapid on-demand access to around 2,000 products from 8am-midnight every day, including Morrisons 'The Best' range of award-winning wines, ready meals and groceries as well as meat and fish from its Market Street counters.
The prime location of the site means tens of thousands of households across the city will be able to benefit from even faster grocery delivery, with Deliveroo's existing network of riders in Bristol enabling delivery straight to customers' doors in minutes.
Deliveroo first launched Deliveroo HOP last year to complement the company's existing on-demand grocery service, which already delivers from approaching 6,000 partner grocery stores in the UK - including Morrisons, Co-op, Waitrose and Sainsbury's in Bristol.
Deliveroo data reveals that the top-selling grocery items across Bristol are milk, bananas, cucumber, raspberries and avocados.
Carlo Mocci, Chief Business Officer UK&I, Deliveroo said: "People across the country are looking for ease in their daily lives, and Deliveroo's ability to provide rapid grocery delivery in minutes is meeting that demand in Bristol. We are so excited by the continued growth of our grocery offerings, and have now taken our longstanding partnership with Morrisons to bring more choice and convenience to Bristol residents."
Hannah Horsfall, Head of Wholesale, Morrisons, said: "The launch of Deliveroo HOP in Bristol represents another key moment, enabling customers to choose from a wide selection of groceries from Morrisons and have them delivered by Deliveroo in minutes."
Deliveroo HOP is part of Deliveroo's commitment to expanding on-demand grocery. Deliveroo's delivery-only grocery stores offer an even better consumer experience in areas such as:
- Greater Stock Accuracy. Deliveroo's grocery management technology enables real-time inventory control providing reliable item availability to consumers and eliminating the need for item substitution.
- Increased Speed. Leading warehouse management technology, combined with Deliveroo's logistics algorithms and existing network of over 90,000 riders in the UK, enables delivery in minutes.
- Wide Product Range. Deliveroo's partner-led model enables a range of up to 2,000 items, including partner-branded and own-label products, such as Morrisons 'The Best' range which includes award-winning wines, ready meals and groceries as well as meat and fish from its Market Street counters.
Notes to the editors
For more information or imagery please contact
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 170,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, as well as over 190,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world. Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with offices around the globe. Deliveroo operates across 11 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.
Headquartered in Bradford since 1899, Morrisons is a British food retailer with around 100,000 colleagues in 497 stores serving millions of customers every week. We are British farming's biggest supermarket customer and all Morrisons-branded fresh meat and everything on our butchers' counters is 100% British. Foodmakers and shopkeepers at heart, we have over 9,000 trained butchers, bakers, fishmongers, cheesemongers and other skilled in-store specialists making more and more food in our stores. We have our own sites making meat, fruit & veg, fish, bakery and fresh food products – 20 in all – and are unique in preparing and making more than half of the fresh food sold in our stores. Food manufactured in our sites and stores is showcased with 'Morrisons Makes It' branding. We also offer popular services including cafés, pharmacies, dry cleaners and over 300 petrol stations with further services being added all the time.